Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Big Game Draw

Me and my dad have been putting in for hunting permits every year for deer since it has been made a requirement a few years back. And for the last few years we have been able to buy the permits over the counter and we would just endup going to the Northeast region that basically covers the Northeastern corner of Utah and Little bit south. And we have done pretty good out there. The way they usually do it is they ask what hunts you want and they let you select by hunt number and then you have to put them on the applications according to which one will be your number once choice and then on and on. Last year we put on the application that our first choice was the southern region and then our second choice was the central region that bascially covered Utah County and a little bit of Juab County. and then our third and final choice was the Northeastern region. Let me correct myself, Last year we did not draw out at all and my dad was the only one that bought a tag and went bow hunting. So two years ago we did those choices and the skipped one and two and gave us three. So this year our strategy was that we would only put two choices down and see what would happen. Choices were in order: The Southern Region, and then the Central region. and the draw date was just yesterday. So in anticipation I checked my email and there was the news from the DWR and it stated that we drew the Southern region tag. That has been something me and my dad both have been waiting to happen for sometime now and we are both very excited and can not wait for October to come by so we can get the big hunt started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey baby, I am excited for the hunt this year! I think it will be fun, we can stay at your parents house!!!